- I wrote the only book on moving someone to a care community, and it’s published by Johns Hopkins University Press…stay tuned for 2 more books due out in 2019 and 2020!
- I travel all over the country speaking, training, and consulting in dementia care. For a list of places I’ve worked with, check out my Senior Community page.
- My favorite topics to speak on include, “How to communicate with people who have dementia,” “Interior design and dementia care,” and “Keeping people with dementia engaged.”
- I serve on the board for the Allegheny Area Agency on Aging and the board for the National Institute for Dementia Education.
- My hair is naturally dark blonde, but it’s also been purple and gray!
- I have a Master’s in Gerontology from UNC Greensboro and a Bachelor’s in Psychology from the University of Mary Washington.
- You’ve probably seen my “16 Things I Would Want If I Got Dementia” list somewhere on social media.
- I’ve been featured in The Washington Post, NPR, KDKA Radio, Hawaii Public Radio
- I was a professional film actress—agent and everything—when I was a kid.
- I have been doing improv comedy for over eight years and sketch comedy for over three years. You’re welcome to check out some of my sketch comedy work, but know that it’s probably not safe for work…but I guess it depends where you work!
RECENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
For more of my resume and past consulting history, see this page.
BRiTE Mild Cognitive Impairment program every Monday, Wednesday & Thursday. You may see some of my work online for Enlivant Senior Living’s blog or for Trualta’s classes, a company that designs online learning for caregivers.
Cool places I went in 2018: Caring Manoa in Honolulu, Hawaii, Remember Me Senior Care in Chattanooga, Tennessee, The Waters Senior Living in Minneapolis, Minnesota
All of February: Monday lectures at Osher Lifelong Learning at University of Pittsburgh
February 12th, 19th, 26th: Staff training at UPMC Canterbury
February 27th: Carnegie Mellon University lecture in Pittsburgh, PA
March 6th: Agreeing to Remember improv/dementia workshop
March 9th: Agreeing to Remember improv/dementia workshop at ManorCare
March 25th: BRiTE Care Partner Support Group
April 2nd: BrightStar Care staff workshop
April 9th: BrightStar Care staff workshop
April-May: Care At Home intensive workshops for staff
June 26th: Improv & Dementia Workshop, Pittsburgh, PA
August 2nd: AERS Conference in Montgomery, AL
August 8th: PALA Conference keynote speaker in Cranberry, PA