Are you an administrator or owner of a dementia care community? Are you looking for an affordable and effective way to make your community more dementia-friendly? Perhaps you’re looking for a way to train your staff in dementia care? You’ve come to the right place.
Here is a link to Designing for Dementia, where you can view some of my work and details about why and how each design was created.
Places I’ve worked with include:
HCR ManorCare (Pittsburgh, PA) / Sundance Memory Care (Austin, TX) / Senior Services of America (Bridgeville, PA) / Brookdale Burlington (Burlington, NC) / Redstone Highlands (North Huntingdon, PA) / Blue Harbor (Pittsburgh, PA) / Rochester Presbyterian Homes (Rochester, NY)
What I’ll bring you:
- A plan. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a time to talk on the phone. We will discuss what you want for your community, your budget, and your time constraints. Do you want a total revamp of your community’s look, or do you solely want training for your staff? Would you like someone to host a support group for your residents’ families?
- Solutions that work within your budget. Do you have $2,000 to work with? $20,000? Whatever your number is, I will make it work. Bear in mind, of course, that the bigger the budget, the easier it is for me to redesign your community.
- A beautiful, interactive redesign for your community. I come with a lot of ideas, but I also want to hear your thoughts! Let’s make your community one that allows your residents to create, interact, and live in a world that they love and feel comfortable in.
- Training for your staff. I am not going to come by and hand out booklets. Instead, I want to talk to them, tell them about my experiences in dementia care, and ask them about their experiences. I am hands-on when it comes to training staff.
- Training for your families. Your residents’ family members tend to get left out of the training sessions, but not with me.