A visitor to my Facebook page recently wrote in and asked me a question about this. She was told by her Executive Director to please put a list together of inexpensive activity and programming ideas that they could implement immediately.
1. Plastic box of dollar store, baby socks/child socks. Residents can fold and organize the socks.
2. Plastic box of dollar store cups and artificial flowers for residents to arrange.
3. Big puzzles because the pieces are big and easy to hold but the puzzles aren’t childish.
4. Plastic box of clothes pins. Residents can clip the clothes pins to the outside of the box. It’s simple, but great for dexterity and people who have trouble with much else.
5. Lace and trace kit for residents who are accustomed to sewing
6. Plastic box of dollar store towels to fold and sort
7. Acrylic paints and paintbrushes for residents to create art
8. Mind-Start’s Finishing Lines is wonderful and I’ve had a lot of success with it.
9. Mind-Start’s Finishing Lyrics is also wonderful. The activity staff can read the lyrics and the residents can fill in the blanks.
10. Adult coloring book & markers for residents who enjoy art