1. Memorable Pet: The stuffed animals that Memorable Pets offer are beautiful and ship quickly. I purchased a cat and two dogs for my residents at our dementia care community. The residents love them and usually believe that they are real.
2. Parrot: If you follow Alzheimer’s Reading Room, you’ve surely seen this parrot. He talks back to you by repeating what you say. I bought one for our residents with dementia, and they can hold full conversations with the toy.
3. “Finishing Lyrics” Book: This is a great game you can play with your loved one. This book (and the ones like it) have familiar lyrics and lines to fill in. It’s a great conversation starter.
4. Tile: This one is for you. Does your loved one constantly misplace items in the house? Tile is a great little device (inexpensive, too) that works as a GPS locator via an app on your smartphone.
5. Phone that only receives calls: If your loved one places phone calls at all hours of the night, this may solve the problem. It’s a phone that only accepts calls.